It’s simple to get photos and GIFs from Reddit. Simply press and hold the image for a few seconds until the option to save appears. When it comes to videos, though, things get a little more complicated.
I generally use Google Chrome instead of an app to surf Reddit, and the only thing I can’t do is “save movies to my iPhone.” But there’s always a solution, and in our case, there are a few solid ones that are both free and allow users to download Reddit with sound and without a watermark. Let me show you how to download Reddit videos to your iPhone in various methods.
How to Download Reddit Videos on iPhone
Use a Reddit Client app
While the official Reddit app is functional, it isn’t ideal for those who want to download movies on their iPhones. Slide for Reddit is a well-known Reddit client that allows you to download videos to your iPhone. Unlike the official app, it does not restrict you from downloading a video on your iPhone.
- To begin, go to the App Store and download Slide for Reddit. Go to the post with the video you want to save and open the app.
- To download the video, simply touch the Download button in the bottom right corner when it has gone full-screen. It doesn’t get much simpler than that. Reddit will save the video to your Camera roll or the Photos app on your phone. In addition, the audio would be stored with the videos. GIFs are the lone exception, as they lack audio.
While useful, Slide for Reddit isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution, as you won’t be able to download files from YouTube, for example. Check out the following approach to download videos from other places.
Use Official Reddit App
I don’t use the official app on my iPhone too constantly, although it has benefits. You can use Reddit to download videos to your iPhone. Simply tap the video-containing post, tap the hamburger menu(…) button in the top right corner, pick Share, and tap Save Video from the Share Sheet.
However, there are certain drawbacks to this strategy. Because the Reddit app does not want you to download videos, it restricts which videos you can download. For example, the most recent version prevents you from downloading videos uploaded on Reddit.
Read More: 3 Best Twitter App for iPhone
Use Official Reddit Website
We should be buddies if you’re like me and don’t enjoy installing apps when you can get most of the information from a website. Redditshare allows you to download videos by simply typing in the URL. Unlike the apps above, it not only allows you to download videos published on Reddit servers, but also Gifycat, Imgur, streamable, GIPHY, and a variety of other sites. Of course, for free.
How to use Redditshare:
- Simply launch the Reddit app and tap the Share icon to the right of the post. Copies the URL to the Reddit post containing the video.
- Open redditsave.com in Safari and paste the link into the input field.
- It would retrieve the information and display all of the various resolutions of the video that you may download. To begin the Download, simply tap the Download video button.
- A pop-up window would appear. To begin downloading, tap Download. When your Download is complete, hit the Options button to access the pop-up menu.
- Now, tap the Share icon in the lower-left corner and choose Save Video. Your film would be stored to the Camera Roll on your iPhone.
Another method that allows you to download videos hosted on Reddit servers is Redv.co. If Redditsave doesn’t function or closes down in the future, I’ve listed this website as an alternative. To save a video from a post, copy the post URL and paste it into the Redv.co website, then long-press the download button.
Save Reddit Videos to iPhone’s Camera Roll
These are a couple of methods for downloading Reddit videos to your iPhone and because iOS 13 includes tools such as a separate Downloads Manager, downloading media files from the Internet is relatively easier on iPhone. Which way do you prefer? Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter.